Change has never been a simple thing for me, and many new beginnings in my life have been surrounded with upheaval and turmoil. So at the beginning of this new year, I am picking One Little Word to help me welcome change — EMBRACE.
Embrace: (1) to clasp in the arms, to hug. (2) to cherish, love. (3) to take up especially readily or gladly; to avail oneself of or to welcome. (4) to take in or include as a part, item or element of a more inclusive whole.
I’ve been working hard to accept the things that come into my life, to accept the limitations of being a mother to young children, to accept the time it takes to affect change. But this year I want to greet my opportunities with open arms, I want to revel in what lies in my everyday, I want to jump in and see a difference. I think I am ready.
- embrace my creative side and declare it proudly
- remember to embrace my oldest, because he still needs it
- embrace my little ones before they aren’t little any longer
- hold on to and embrace my family, near and far, as our time together is fragile
- dive in and embrace new endeavors
- embrace my body and the power that lies within it
- seek out other like-minded individuals in my community and embrace budding friendships
- nurture and embrace the love that created this wonderful marriage and life together
- acknowledge and embrace my past, as it has made me the person I am today